Thursday, October 16, 2008

Coutdown to the Weekend

We have had a good week this week. We have been more diligent about giving Molly her iron, but she just throws it all up that it is difficult to continue giving it to her every day. The doctor said we don't have to give it to her every day, but we have been trying to on most days. Today she threw it all up and just was not happy in general after she got it. Now she is sleeping peacefully on my chest in the Moby.

On Monday we went again to yoga. I had a wonderful time--it's such a nice class. Molly also had a great time, just lying on her blanket looking all around. There is so much for a baby to look at: pictures on the wall, other babies, other mommas, lots of decorations and plants and statues. She just would make a little squeal of happiness every once in a while, and she even fell asleep for a little bit after I fed her (while I was doing some light yoga so I didn't have to miss anything).

Bill and I have tried to put MZ in our other carrier, the Ergo, but she is still a little short for that. The Moby is fine for a while longer, but I think the Ergo will be easier on my back, which is starting to hurt a little from carrying around this chubby baby.

Molly and I have been going on lots of walks in the stroller. She really loves to do that, too. She falls asleep a lot in there, too, but not as much as when she is being carried. She likes to look around from the stroller. She also has still been valiantly attempting to eat her entire fist. It is really cute when she tries to stuff that little "handhock" in her whole mouth. Sometimes she even tries to eat it while she is actually nursing so I have to pull her little arm away so she will really eat.

Earlier this week we ran into an acquaintance from the neighborhood who has not met Molly yet. She said, "She looks so...healthy." I said, "Is that code for 'fat?'" She laughed and said that when she was a baby she was so fat that her grandfather was worried she "wouldn't be married off." Bill and I got quite a kick out of that. So I suppose we don't need to worry that Molly will not be marriage material. :)

I just took a break, so now it is almost 12 hours later. We did a little shopping today because Bill needs a couple of new things to wear for the conference he's going to Sunday through Wednesday. The three of us had a great time together! We went to a few vintage clothing stores, which was a fun way to spend a few hours. I am really looking forward to Sunday when Grandpa Joe D. and Aunt Kelly will be here to visit. Grandpa Joe D. will be meeting Molly Z for the very first time! I'm sure he will get lots of smiles and probably a few giggles.

Bill posted some new pictures so if you haven't already, check them out!

3 comments:

Marsha D said...

Check out the new pictures?!?!?!? Heck, I hardly have the time to read this becasue I can't quit looking at the new pictures. Molly is a healthy and HAPPY baby as evident in the pictures.
Aunt Kelly is so excited about coming out to see you all. Hope Grandpa D doesn't hog all of the Molly holding time. (Not too worried, I know Kelly can take him) Have fun!
I love you!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly, the picture of you and Molly in the kitchen with her big grin is the cutest thing I've ever seen!! I can't wait to come see you both! After reading Bill's blog about his first no momma tuesday... I've built a lot of anxiety watching Molly. I hope we "communicate" ...quietly :)I have grandpa Joe to help too, I have faith we can distract molly enough to not miss her mom and pop too terribly!
Tell Bill to have a safe trip and Molly is in loving arms:)...i know he will miss you both so much
I love you, see you TOMORROW!!!!

Kris said...

The new pictures are so wonderful. Molly just keeps getting cuter and cuter and cuter!!!!!!. I can't decided which ones to have printed since they are all so great. It's nice to have some of the 3 of you especially with the 3 of you looking so happy. It makes my heart feel wonderful. Have fun with Aunt Kelly and Grandpa D. and see you real soon. I can't wait.
Love you,
Kris