Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Molly + Food = Sleep!


Since Molly Z has been eating solid food, she has been sleeping so well, usually about 9 or so hours per night. It's wonderful! Last night she slept more than 10 hours, but I think it is probably because she did not feel well from all the shots she got yesterday at the doctor. She is now weighing in at a healthy 18 pounds, 4 ounces. The last time she was weighed, about a month ago, she was 16 lbs., 3 oz. She is 26 inches long, and that puts her right at about the 50th percentile for height. Her weight is somewhere between the 75th and 90th percentile! Unbelievable, really, that that little preemie runt is so big now.

I think I may have found a food that Molly does not like: lentils. I cooked some for her today because they are really high in iron. I mixed them in with the carrots, but she wasn't fooled. I tasted it, and it tasted mostly like carrots, so maybe she is just still not feeling well. She slept for a really long time this morning, falling asleep on her own, without her usual feeding before naptime, making me think she is still not feeling 100%. I will try to give her more lentils in a day or two, after she is feeling a little better. I made quite a bit to freeze so I hope she likes them eventually.

2 comments:

Not-so-Suburban Mama said...

Awwww. She actually looks a little bit sleepy in the picture! I'm sure she'll feel better soon.

Audrey's started spitting up Molly Z style: serious quantities, and with some projection, as well!

Hope she likes the lentils soon!

Kris said...

She's so darn cute and sweet and beautiful. I can't wait to get my hands on her and her parents.
Love you all,
Kris