Friday, September 12, 2008

The Future

I had a meeting yesterday with my adviser. I took Molly with me, and Lorraine held her the entire meeting. She also bought Molly an adorable little dress, onesie, and some tights. So cute! It was a very good meeting. My dissertation is coming along, and I plan to be finished in a couple of months. The big news is that I will probably be staying home with Molly after I file my dissertation. Bill and I have been talking about it for a few weeks, and I discussed it with Lorraine. Bill and I think that the best thing for the three of us will be for me to be a stay at home mom for a little while. Lorraine told me she thinks it is a great idea, and it should not hurt my chances of getting a faculty job down the road. She is the dean, and she has been around for a long time so I certainly trust her advice. I am so excited about this! I never thought I would want to do this, but now that I have Molly, I know this is the best thing for our family. And like Grandpa Joe D. said, if it doesn't work out, I can find a job.

Aunt Kelly and Uncle Jimmy are coming in today! We are really looking forward to seeing them. Kelly gets in to Oakland in a little over an hour, and James gets in around 6:30 our time. Bill is working, so the three girls will get to spend the whole day together. I'm not sure what we are going to do. I was thinking we might go to the Castro in San Francisco and do a little shopping.

5 comments:

Abacus said...

Krista,
I am so happy that you get to stay home and enjoy motherhood. We are very excited to see the three of you next week!

Marsha D said...

Krista,
I know that you and Bill have given this a lot of thought and I am sure it is the best thing for your little family. I just love hearing allabout your Mommy experiences. They could only be better with MORE PICTURES. Maybe you could get some of you, Aunt Kelly and Molly Z and post them! Have a great weekend and watch Molly closely, I have a feeling someone might try to place her gently in a suitcase headed back to Louisville.
Love,
Mom

Kim said...

Yeah, another stay at home mom!! Too bad you're only a few thousand miles away, or we could go to the zoo, park, and all sorts of places together. Have a fabulous weekend!! And, it's okay if Aunt Kelly sneaks MZ away, we'll send her back with Lola next week, after we've all had a chance to hug and love on her. Take care!

Kris said...

Krista,
You will never regret staying home with Molly for as long as you can and want to. Children are gifts to us so enjoy every moment with her. I agree with Grandpa Joe D., if it doesn't work out you can always get a job. Have fun this weekend and if Kelly wants to sneak Molly home for awhile that's fine with me.
Love you,
Kris

Andrea Troyer said...

Krista,
I'm so excited that you're going to be able to stay home with Miss Molly. I'm not a mom, but I couldn't imagine leaving her everyday. Have a great weekend with Kelly and James. I'm so jealous!! I love you all.