Sunday, August 31, 2008

C-A-T-S Cats! Cats! Cats

Well, the wildcats pulled through. We took Molly Z to our San Francisco UK alumni sports bar to watch the game. She was great, in spite of all the yelling and cheering. She hung out in the Moby until halftime (after an initial passing around among a few people; one of our friends, "Uncle Tommy" said he wanted to hold her before he drank too much beer), and then she started to get a little fussy. We took her out to the car to change her diaper in the back of the station wagon (interesting that there is no changing table in a sports bar), and then brought her back in to eat under the hooter hider. Then she was set until the end of the game. Bill put the Moby on for the second half. It's great that she is still little enough that we can cart her around just about anywhere. I know these days are numbered, though.

I am pooped out today! Usually Bill will take Molly in the mornings so I can sleep an extra hour or two. She is still getting up twice during the night to eat, and I am generally up with her for anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes, usually right around an hour. Bill will get up to change her diaper and then bring her in to me to eat. Today he wanted to make sure to squeeze his run in before we left for the game so I didn't get that extra sleep this morning. I did come home after the game and get a short nap, but I think I'll be going to bed pretty early tonight. We are finishing up Season 1 of The Wire. That is a really good show, but it is intense!

What am I thankful for today?
1. I have a healthy, sweet baby girl who is safe at home with us. (We know the two families with babies in the NICU, and it just makes me all the more thankful.)
2. I have a wonderful husband who loves me and our daughter and takes good care of us.
3. All my loved ones are safely out of Gustav's path.

1 comment:

Marsha D said...

Hey Babe,
I heard Uncle Jimmy and Aunt Kelly are headed that way. I think it's a mission, supported by Kim, to see if they can sway Molly to the Cardinals side of the house.
Glad to hear you got to go out and have some fun! Nice to read the things you are thankful for.
I am thankful too that you have a husband that loves you and Molly so much.
Take good care of each other!
Love you!
Mom